In this first year of ESA's Summer of Code in Space, we received 125 students applications for the 20 mentoring organizations that were selected to participate in the program. All mentoring organizations received at least 2 applications.
Each mentoring organization carried out internally an evaluation process, which produced a ranked list of applications for each organization.
So, without further ado, here is the list (in no particular order) of the selected students for this year's edition of SOCIS:
- Alexis Robert, with Orekit, (Project WebLog)
- José Juan Sánchez Hernández, with Helioviewer,
- Martin Pecka, with BEAM,
- David Dubois, with ORFEO toolbox, (Project WebLog)
- Eleni Maria Stea, with Stellarium, (Code Page)
- Alexandru Babescu, with NASA World Wind, (Project WebLog)
- Merlin Barschke, with Open Mission Control, (Project News)
- Łukasz Jaśkiewicz, with Kstars, (Project WebLog)
- Konstantin Mamalakis, with Emporda,
- Thomas Kühnel, with FFmpeg/libav,
- Abhijit Nandy, with BRL-CAD, (Project WebLog)
- Pawel Zagorski, with RTEMS, (Project WebLog)
- Benzun Pious Wisely Babu, with Robolab,
- Sam Dunne, with x264, (Project WebLog)
- Guillaume Martres, with Marble, (Project WebLog)
- Florian Mayer, with SunPy, (Project WebLog)
- Vincent Reverdy, with ORSA, (Code Page)
- Hannu Leppinen, with OpensimKit,
- Ana Vazquez Alonso, with Robot Construction Kit (ROCK),
- Sven De Smet, with Opticks.
We would like to thank all the students that submitted project proposals and all the mentors and mentoring organization administrators that evaluated them.
The coding period starts today, August 1st, and will last until October 28. Initial students payments are expected at the end of August.
Happy coding to everyone!